Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Monthly STXC at bear creek



Last night was the monthly race at Bear Creek it was pretty fun. Even though the course was a little long for a short track and basically a total rock garden it was still fun. The race started off with about 5 of us pulling away from the group me in the back Gunnar in 3rd. Our group stayed together until the end of the first lap then we all separated. I had something lubey in my sights the whole race until I saw him on the side of the road at the finish on the 2nd to last lap. I guess he had a mechanical of some sort I'm not sure what happened though. But I'm pretty sure I got 4th, not positive though. I think there were about 9 or 10 in the race. After the experts went who were movin of course was the fun race. This time we were teamed up with somebody in the opposite race. Then top 4 would get in a paddle boat and go around the farthest fountain and back, 1st place got $20. I was teamed up with DJ, we were a pretty good team we both finished about mid pack. So the race went off and at the first corner I was stuck between some people, 2 people almost fell because of this big gully that they didn't know about. So when i tagged DJ we were in second and we stayed right there with Aaron gaining on us. I had the boat and life jacket ready and off we went. Somehow we were in first and had a pretty good lead. With both our legs burning we got to edge of the water in first and I got myself $20, nice payday for a race that cost $5. Hope we use the lake again next race makes it's really fun.

No comments: