Monday, July 14, 2008

DTS Fair Hill


Fair Hill was really fun with a BEA-utiful day. The course was super fast and very smooth. The start didn't go to well. When they split the J2s and J3s they didn't make it clear that we were going about 5 seconds after the J3s so I sat there thinking i had about a minute to get prepared then ever body went, And I was still sitting there once I figured out that we were going everybody was out 20 ft in front of me. So I scrambled to get clipped in and sprinted to catch up. Luckily I caught up with them before we went into the woods. So after a while my chain suck guard got twisted, with the Velcro rubbing against the wheel it started making the sound of a dirt bike. So for about 15 minutes I had to listen to this buzzing and finally i got time to twist it and stop the noise. So by this time a had passed a few J3 kids and was running behind another J3 kid. I dropped him on the climb on the wide path and another long road climb. But with his full suspension he caught me on the downhills. Probably 2 miles from the end were there were a lot of roots and it was flat the J3 kid was nowhere in sight. So i just kept pushing and finished with a good gap between me and the next Junior 2 to finish. So now it was time for awards. I walked up to the awards table and what do you know i saw a stans tubeless kit that i wanted to get soon so I was pretty happy I got that. (The picture is my delayed start) So in the end it was a great day.

3 comments:

Gunnar said...

When are you guna go tubeless? Now you have no reason not to, because you go the kit!

Kyle Miller said...

Because my dad doesnt want me to do anything until after the race season unfortunatly:(

Gunnar said...

Thanks for the support for nationals. Im sure the caffiene will be awesome.