Friday, July 11, 2008

Mary time at Marysville






Marysville was superfun the best race in MASS. Visit Pa put on an awesome race. Between great people, great food and a great course. Friday was the Night TT it was so cool. It didn't go amazing I fell on a log early on and it was hard to see because of the fog or mist or what ever it was. But I did pass about 5 people in the end and I thought it was the best part of the weekend. Saturday was the XC and the course was still a little muddy from the rain on Friday. At the start it was me Alex Reinke and another kid that rode away from the rest of the field. We stayed together for about 2 miles and got stuck behind some of the starters in front of us I think we should have been started earlier in the class but whatever. After we got passed them we were going good. About 1 mile after we passed them I dropped the other kid but Alex dropped me, luckily he is in J3 16-18. So the rest of the race went well and I felt really good. After the race I went back to the truck and cleaned up and went back to awards and some food.

Sunday was the hill climb and the STXC unfortunately their were only 4 people in the entire beginner class for the hill climb. Me and another guy went off hard and stayed together for about 1/2 a mile and then I dropped him and my legs felt good from there. Harlan, Kyle, and Aaron passed me about 1/2 mile from the top. Beginners started out like 1 mile in front of those guys they were haulin. Once everyone got up to the top it was a very controlled downhill. Just kidding it was chaos. I saw 4 people almost fall. It was crazy but super fun. About an hour after we got back to the farm it was time for short track. Off the start I took Gunnars advice and went off like a rocket and just tried to push and keep up the intesity as best I could. Then I rode my way to first. After that i waited for awards while everyone waited we did the famous huffy toss. It was super intense. Then it was awards I had a 2nd a 1st and a 1st and then they called me up for 1st place in the stage race. Now it was time to go home and rest. Cant wait for next year.

No comments: