Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy Busy

Well a lot has gone on since my last post. Between velodrome action to shooting clay pigeons. So Thursday I went on a ride in the morning around 20-25 miles about half on the road and half on the dirt at Greenlane. Then that evening after dinner, around 7:00 I met up with Gunnar at Spring to do some night riding. Of course it doesn't get very dark until around 8:00 or so, so we started our first lap without any lights and unfortunately Gunnar flatted so once he changed the flat we were off again. Gunnar showed me some cool new trails that were fixed up really nice. Thanks to whoever is doin that. So now it was starting to get dark and I got to go on my 3rd real night ride. I never did ride with lights at Spring before and it was really fun. We finished the lap and I heard a funny noise coming from my wheel. I shined my light on it and what do you know its way out off true and rubbing every so ofton on the brake pad. So we got back to the parking lot were Mr. Bergey was parked at around 9:15 and he gave me a ride home. When I got home I saw how wobbly my wheel really was. The next day I took the tire and and tube off to go get it trued and I saw there was a broken spoke. Luckily it was just at the nipple so all we had to do was change out the nipple then true it up. Later that night me my mom and my dad went up to the Trexlertown Velodrome which was really cool. I had only been there for the flea markets never a race. Boy do they move, I saw one really bad crash, one guy went over the wall and there were bikes in the air and all over the place. Unfortunately one guy got an ambulance ride out who was the person over the wall. So the next day we were going about 1 1/2 up north to the Poconos to Beaver Run. The ride wasnt very fun, from my long rides my butt was feeling pretty sore. Beaver Run is a hunting and fishing club that's really hard to get into. If you put your name on today you would get in in 10 years. My uncle was hosting a weekend event. It was really fun. I got to shoot a gun for my first time and hit 13 out of 25 clay pigeons. I beat some of the guys who have been shooting there whole lives. Then me and my cousin did some fishing but unfortunately we didn't catch anything. And that is what has been going on in my life for the past few days. This coming weekend is Iron Hill and I think I'm going to race in the sport class, Which should be pretty interesting. Sorry I don't have any pictures, me and Gunnar tryed to take some but none came out very well. Oh well see everybody at Iron Hill.

2 comments:

Zach said...

Kyle, shoot me an email sometime soon. I have something I'd like to discuss. two9er@gmail.com
Zach Adams

Kyle Miller said...

Alright I will today.