Sunday, August 24, 2008

Iron Hill, Vacation the list goes on





Hello everybody I guess I will start this off with a summary of Iron Hill. So that morning me and my mom got up which was weird usually my dad comes but he was busy. When we got to the race I jumped out of the car ready to go register unfortunately my mom was still in the car putting on her make-up. I have decided I am never going to a mountain bike race ever again with just my mom. So finally we got registered and it was time to get ready to go. So about a 1/2 hour before the race i start warming up after getting my cool tube tool bag ready. I have some if anybody wants any. So now for the start I had been looking around for Zach all morning since he was doing the SS enduro but he wasn't anywhere. So there I was waiting for my start when Zach pulles up next to me. So he cant enduro and has to do elite expert on a single speed. More on that on Zach's blog. Now its my start and me and the J3 are going together. To my surprise I'm in the front. I'm first into the woods and explosively pull away from the group. Unfortunately beginners didn't do the mega dip and I was mega disappointed. So my second lap went much smoother with no traffic so I felt a lot faster. So I ended up first and now there is only one more MASS race left and it sounds like its going to be one of the best. I got to ride one of the EWR's it was a sweet bike like Zach said it corners amazingly unfortunately the one I rode was set up for more of a dirt jump bike. I really want one now. So after Iron Hill the next day it was on to the Hatteras Island Outer Banks. This place is amazing with the temp in at around 84 with a nice breeze then the water is about the same temperature as the air. It is a super fun place especially with family we have had the best man hunt games ever there. But this year it was different since my cousin was off to college in Florida. So they couldn't come some we couldn't play. But I got to surf with my cousin Shane and destroyed everybody in go-karts the race was almost as intense as a bike race. So until next time later.

No comments: