Sunday, August 31, 2008

August Short Track at Bear Creek

So last Tuesday was the monthly STXC at bear creek. It was alot of fun. The course changed a little from last month. They just cut out a really cool new trail part rocky fun single track and part climbing double track. It started off with me in second into the woods and unfortunately was passed by chuck who didn't have a front brake and was on a single speed so he just ran away from me. I had a guy on my tail the whole race and luckily dropped him on the last lap. I thought I could hear chuck but I wasn't sure but unfortunately I couldn't get him. I ended up 3rd and am now second in the series and 1st in my age group. So then I went on a cool down loop on the STXC course for the final MASS race. It is very technical and alot of fun. So now it was time for the fun race. We did a miss-n-out but with a twist the last two went on a short intense hillclimb. I was one of the two and with my legs burning I got to the top first then I motored down the path to get back down to the finish. But I didn't understand where the finish was. So I missed it but luckily the other guy was nice enough to let me win. So I got my second pay day with $20. Can't wait for the Bear Creek race.

2 comments:

Zach said...

Keep up the good work buddy. Do you have the MASS series locked up yet?
Oh btw, I stole the pic of me from iron hill, hope you wouldn't mind. Did you take it?
Shoot me an email and we will talk some more if you'd like.

Gunnar said...

nice I was mad I missed it!!! The cross bike is sick!!!