Sunday, April 4, 2010

M-Ville Relay


There's a first for everything, and the relay was't just another first for me. I now know why so many people look forward to this race so much.I have done the stage race for the past 2 years now and I couldn't race the relay last year because of my leg. Not only was the weather gorgeous with 70+ degree temps and sunshine all day, but the course was awesome, tons of flow and lots of cool features. It was a rippen fast course with barely any real climbs, that mean't super fast laps and lots of fun! This past week right before the race I had a little bit of a cold, I only got 2 easy days on the bike. Zach suggested I make sure I watch my limit on my laps and to not over extend myself, as it wouldn't be helping my cold go away. So I just made sure to keep as consistent as possible, which I feel like I did pretty well. My four laps were within 15-20 seconds of each other. I also did my best to look for the hidden eggs on the course, and if you don't know what they are, since the race is handicapped they eggs basically give you points which in turn gives you a better chance at winning.


Had a super fun day with some awesome people, Zach claimed us a nice spot with plenty of spots to see the course as we were warming up or waiting for our next lap. Hopefully I can get some pictures up later with all the awesome constumes, uncle sam was my personal favorite.


Here is a lap I did with my helmet cam, nothing very eventful but still cool, at least I think.


A Lap at Marysville Relay from Kyle Miller on Vimeo.





BIG thanks out to Kuhn and PA Valleys, everything was awesome!!

No comments: