Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday foam pits....

Soooo, no racing this weekend. I decided I need to work and make some cash money. No racing means no prep, no prep means I don't need to focus on drinking water and resting. So some of my friends and I decided we wanted to go to to this gymnastics place to jump on some trampolines and jump into some foam pits. I think the thought of a foam pit would make anyone smile, even just a little. But I know I was really excited, I haven't jump on these super bouncy olympic trampolines for at least 3 or 4 years now and I know how scary they are. I thought it was going to be a very not fun night but when we walk into the place and saw about 40 little girls running around I wasn't too sure, yes we all felt creepy. Apparently this Silvias place has a lot of good kids in it, I learned that before Elite, which is like Olympic level, there is level 10, there were two there and two others that go to my school that were level 10, pretty awesome. Luckily the people understood all we wanted to do was jump on the trampoline so we had that to ourselves most of the night. After I saw someone jump into the 'pit and saw a huge amount of dust fly up I started to think about the amount of sweaty, gross people that have been in this thing, there really isn't much you can do with the cleaning of a foam pit, nasty I know. I hadn't thought about this at first, I decided I was going to do my best to not go head first in, that didn't work. I over rotated something and went basically head first, it was dark, gross and hard to move, not a good combo. I finally got out after a lot of squirming and throwing of foam blocks. So basically by the end of the night I had a feeling of a scratchy throat which was actually just foam/dust, yes gross I know. But it was still a very fun night, it was followed by Ritas and then Wawa directly after.

Maybe I will bring my helmet cam next time, could be kind of cool.

Did I mention they had a poster signed by every US gymnast at the Olympics in 08, yes even Nastia Liukens and Shawn Johnsons signature.

No comments: