Thursday, November 27, 2008

My First Cross Race

Well last weekend I had my first cross race. It is only about 2 minutes away from my house so I couldn't wait. It was supposed to be at Spring Mountain but since they blew snow they couldn't have it there so they went to a park near by. I was kind of bummed out about because at the mountain they had alot of different kinds of terrain when at the park they had grass and flat open fields. I register for C men. I just used my mountain bike and can't say it helped me. By the end my tires were caked with mud and were terribly slow. I didn't get the best start or starting position. Me and somebody else got hung up a little. But from there I really felt good picking people off and staying on peoples wheels. Unfortunately I couldn't keep the intensity up. They had a number page which they were flipping which said how many laps we had left. I didn't see that till the end so on my 4th lap I thought to myself this must be the last lap so I went super hard and made my move on a Bikesport kid that I had been watching all race. Well I still had 2 laps left. They were probably the 2 hardest laps of my life. I got passed by 2 guys the kid I had passed earlier and somebody else. I ended up 25th or 26th or something out of about 46 or 47. Can't say I am happy can't say I am sad. But It was fun and I cant wait to race one again. I have been skiing alot, left school early to go skiing up at bear creek which was fun. Had thanksgiving today and am going to go up again tomorrow. I have been going on some rides and using the trainer. Using the weights we have a little more often. Here's some other pictures from the race.









1 comment: