Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mud Fest

This past weekend was Granoque, still no racing thought. The rain seemed like it would never end, which it really hasn't. It has rained here for the past like 9 days. Anyways I don't really think you could call Granoque a race. It was kind of a Try-to-finish-and-not-break-your-bike-and-maybe-you'll-podium kind of race. Basically the only place were you could make up time was the last hill which is pavement and running anywhere you can't ride. From what I heard you were walking/running about 3 out of the 4 miles, and your bike would get so caked with mud that your back wheel would stop spinning. Peoples bikes had wheels that were 3 inches wider than they would be. In other news I can race next weekend, and we have a 24 hour team coming together. So I have a feeling May is going to be way more fun then the last month and a half.

1 comment:

A-ron said...

Hey Kyle, glad to see your back to riding again. I'm leaving for Europe next week but I want to do some slower easier rides before then if your interested. Give me a call if you want, 610-724-1421. Later!