Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Finishing Up



The first rock Garden was absolute chaos first lap.















So this weekend was the Finals at Bear Creek. It was alot of fun between the downhill and the short track and then finally the XC. I was basically exhausted on Monday, I guess all the racing is catching up with me. So Saturday started off with me and my dad getting up early to get to bear creek by 9:00. Once we got there we went through our normal routine get registered take a lap on the course then warm up and get ready. I wasn't sure when my race was going to go since there was only about 5 people in my class Chuck said we may go with the Beginner A's who's race went at 10:45 instead of my 10:00 but in the end we went at 10:00. The race started with me going to the front and first into the woods. Somebody stayed with my on the climb and in the parking lot at the top but I dropped him on the first hill in the woods. On my first lap I had a pretty good lead and it only got bigger. The race went very well and I felt really good. I ended up 1st and won the series by 30 or 40 points. Then we went to get something to eat. We stopped at subway and got some good sandwiches I was starving. We went back to the mountain to watch the Expert A short track. It was very cool to watch. Harlan got a huge lead by the second lap! He didn't have any problems and got first. Now we waited for the downhill it was really cool. I didn't do so hot got about 30th or 40th. Harlan got first again beat out all the downhillers on huge full suspension bikes. It looks like it's going to be another Marysville. Then we went home to get a good nights sleep. On Sunday was the final cross country. It was beautiful out not to hot not to cold, blue sky's and just wet enough that it wasn't to dusty, perfect. My race went off with a about 3 or 4 kids hanging with me until we got into the woods. Unfortunately they cut out the first woods section so we went straight up the downhill section the day before kind of dumb but whatever. The climbing felt good I passed the 4 or 5 people that were in front of me. We then skipped another fun part at the top I was pretty angry we were skipping sections at this point but whatever just made me ride faster. The down hill felt good. I only got passed by 1 guy on a full suspension. At the end of the race I hammered up the steep steep hill towards the end. I finished second overall and 1st in my class. I felt really good through out the whole race and am going to kind of miss all the races, other than maybe some cross races. It's been an awesome season I will never forget. French Creek seems like such a long time ago. But it is going to be nice to have a break. Next was the spectating part got quite a few pictures, wish I would have formatted this differently kind of boring with all pictures but whatever. Now was the sport class Gunnar woke up with his eye swollen shut Ed just had surgery so he wasn't going to push sounds like a good day. Ed let Gunnar borrow a head cam you can check the link out on Gunnars blog it's pretty cool. Afterwards was the experts it was fun to watch, Harlan pulled away as usual with Brandon close behind then Rob. Harlan won again awesome job!!! So thats it I guess blogging going to slow down a little seeing that there isn't anymore races. But I will be posting probably going to be a little boring. Hope to make some trails over the winter at spring. The next bike thing is the flea market at the Veledrome if you have never gone you really should if you need anything for your bike you can basically find anything you want. Until next time Later.

3 comments:

Gunnar said...

very nice pictures!!! They were great! And the story was great, great job this year Kyle.

cableguy46 said...

Congratulations on an excellent job this year, you should be very proud of yourself...you made a name, now you can move up and give all the guys a good scare next year...train hard this winter...good pics too thanks...when is the Velodrome swap meet?

Ed

Gunnar said...

haha yea i know its a sick video tho